Monday, March 13, 2006

Yet Another Dream...

I had a short weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was in a concentration camp, but it was unlike any concentration camp. In this camp, you could do whatever you wanted to do, go wherever you wanted to go, say whatever you wanted to say -- you had full use of your free will. The thing is, everything was monitored. The soldiers who were the keepers of the camp had somehow tapped into our minds, and they were monitoring everything.

There were a lot of people there (Guess who? Christendomites, of course!). We were all living under the same set of rules. There was one very odd rule that we all had to live by: no action or thought could be incomplete. So, for instance, if I planned to go hiking, and I actually started to go hiking, I couldn't stop until I had arrived at my destination. I could take breaks, and if emergencies came up, I could take care of them (emergencies, i.e., nature called, a disaster struck, take your pick), but the action had to be completed.

I could live with anyone, stay anywhere, eat anything, say anything, even something that would be considered treasonous to the regime -- like I said, complete freedom.

Except to stop myself once I started going...

And that's how I died. It was a criminal offense to have an incomplete thought. And everyone knows that most of my thoughts are incomplete. I survived only a few minutes. I was quickly hunted down, and rounded up for execution.

I don't know how I died, or whether I actually did die. Whatever it was, it was weird...

I wonder if Collateral Damage and/or Taco Bell had anything to do with this dream...

No comments: