Monday, December 11, 2006

A wedding and a funeral

This is the second time that I've had a dream within a dream. Odd, huh?

The first part of the dream was a wedding. (This was most definitely inspired by Josh's wedding.) I was at St. Pius X, one of my old parishes in Dallas, and it was my wedding day. I don't know to whom. All I know is that I was getting married. I was looking around for evidence that I had prepared for this wedding at all, and I couldn't find any. There were groomsmen (but I couldn't find them), the bride's family was there (although I couldn't identify them), there were bridesmaids (I can't remember who), there were hundreds of guests (bride's family, even though the wedding was in my hometown), the church was decked out (looked more like an emperor's coronation than my wedding), and everything was almost ready to go. Everyone was dressed to impress...

...except me. I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I was wandering around the church in absolute shock, thinking to myself, "Why am I doing this? What is going on? Who is the unfortunate girl?" and other such thoughts. I exited the church, and I walked down the steps looking for the groomsmen, or at least someone to explain to me what in the world was going on. Suddenly, the doors across the way burst open, and out marched all the sacristans that I have ever known from Christendom, all dressed in morning coats with an ensemble very much like the Knights of Columbus. Daniel and Brendan were in the lead, scanning the area for something. I approached them, and they saw me -- apparently, I was what they were searching for. Ken and Alex were laughing at my attire, while Fadi, John E., and Adam just tried to angle me in the direction I needed to go. Daniel was speaking to me in his commanding tone, telling me to go get dressed, as Brendan was giving me preparation advice -- I think it was how to put the sword on. Everyone else was just waiting for these guys to get done so that they could get into the church on time.

Anyway, so without much in the way of explanation, I went through the door that they told me to go through, and I was in a kitchen. On a counter top in the back corner was my attire, and it was definitely gaudy. I looked at it, and began putting it on, but I thought to myself, "No, this is a bad idea." I woke up when I sat down and tried to make sense of it all. I think it was about the time when I was examining my finances and conscience simultaneously to see if I was prepared in any way for this. And, just so you know, I wasn't...

No comments: